Friday 28 December 2018

Birthday gifts

My birthday passed quietly, although for most of it I lay covered in a blanket in my chair following my morning dose of DXT. Many wives would never tolerate having a Great X in their home, and many people have commented how unusual it is for Ann to host the Great X. But Ann is a very unusual woman, and the Great X behaved with dignity and compassion. She was a hospice nurse once, and his not forgotten the role, though she did apologise after blurting out, "of course, this cancer can't be cured - only held at bay."

Mary-Anne and the girls brought a basket of wonderful gifts for my birthday:
A basket of birthday gifts
  • Balloons to help the celebration go with a bang
  • Bubble gum to remind me to stick with it
  • Tea bags for when I need a cuppa
  • Elastic bands to keep me flexible
  • A lollipop for when life sucks
  • Paper clips to help hold things together
  • A yo-yo for life's ups and downs
  • A magnifying glass for when I lose my glasses
  • A pen for when it's too rude to go on the blog
  • An eraser for when it should be rubbed off the blog 
  • A ball of string to tie it all together when things fall apart
  • A name tag in case I forget who I am
  • A pair of scissors for when I need to cut people's heads off (in joke! see finding-zillian)

Be free to comment if you've received a special birthday gift
Mail comments to: grandad.john@2from.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome - please add your thoughts!