Monday 11 March 2019

Centre Parcs

This weekend we have come to Centre Parcs for a spell of relaxation.
I have hired a bike to get about, as I walk slowly and would delay everyone. I don't seem to get to the venues any quicker though, as I regularly get lost in the maze of roadways crisscrossing the grounds.

Two months after my radiotherapy, I had hoped to notice improvement, but I'm still waiting. Ann looked at the Macmillan cancer site, and found a few people who said it took a year for things to settle, though they too had been told they would be bad for only a month or so. Perhaps oncologists have a secret plan to tell all patients to "give it a month", to prevent despondancy decsending.

This morning I am alone, as everyone has gone to play bowls or have coffee. I had hoped to try a short bike ride, but it is only 4 degrees outside and still raining, and I am no masochist. The main thing about this venue is the peace - the cabins are set in thick woodland in Elveden Forest, and it is silent. I don't get up till late, and still enjoy an afternoon nap.

Coming home, I am still trying to get a blood result from two weeks ago to see if I am getting more anaemic. The hospital say they have sent it to the surgery, and the surgery say they haven't got it from the hospital. I keep phoning one, then the other, but nothing available yet. Telephone ping-pong is no fun, especially as the oncologist's secretary is only in on Mon and Thurs, and the GP surgery will only accept requests for results between 2-4 pm. But I keep trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome - please add your thoughts!