Thursday 27 January 2022

I join the scrapheap

Herd of Fallow Deer (Buck and six Doe)
It has been an interesting time for news (personal, not political - on that I will not comment). The consultant oncologist has checked me over following my blood tests. Although some of the blood parameters continue to decline, she pronounced me fit for another dose of immunotherapy, booked for Saturday, saying they will just continue to monitor the blood levels. 

To add to life's uncertainties, today I had a telecon with one of the powers at the company I work for, who told me bluntly they will not be renewing my contract. He said they were having "an internal reorganisation", and replacing all contract staff with permanent staff. I had half expected it, but having worked without a break since I left school at 18 (I count my student days as working!), it still comes as a shock to the system. If another job offer comes along, perhaps a couple of days a week, I may be tempted but, realistically, I guess it will be unlikely now and I must adjust to living on the scrapheap of life.

On a brighter note, driving back from Clare where I had walked the dogs, I came across a herd of Fallow Deer by the side of the road, six Does and a fully antlered Buck. They moved off of course as I stopped the car, and were already in the distance as I pulled out my camera, but they were an impressive sight. Usually we only see single little Muntjac deer so close to the road, and those more often in the headlights at night rather than bright daytime.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome - please add your thoughts!