Thursday 27 October 2022

Double trouble

Early morning dawn
This pretty picture tells a story. It is just before sunrise, and the story is what a bad night I had that forced me to rise early enough to see it. I said in my previous post I would not bore people with the symptoms of Covid, for they were already too well known. Well, I'm breaking that pledge. I had a torrid night, wet with sweat, throat sore, and a taste like the floor of hell in my mouth. It is as though I have chewed the most bitter medicine ever made, but unlike a medicine, no amount of gargling or throat washes will clear it out, it persists through my waking hours and into my dreams. The only temporary relief is from the Gin-Gins ginger sweets that my niece Sue bought for me two years ago (see Two-ways-to-manage-bladder-cancer). They are incredible things - so strong they blind the taste buds to anything else going on, and mask even this foul taste, so once again, thank you Sue.

Edwin and Andre got away to London early this morning before catching their flight to Madrid, a staging post for going on to Brazil for Andre's sister's wedding. It is being held in sight of one of the biggest waterfalls in South America, right on the Argentinian border, so should be quite a spectacle. Edwin had to go into Senate House to present his credentials, before taking up his new full-time job as Careers Consultant to the University of London. This is a huge career step, so congratulations Edwin. 

Poor Ann, who has been working so hard to look after me all week, was ill herself today. She suddenly rushed to the bathroom and started a bout of violent vomiting. She slept most of the afternoon, waking this evening but rushing out to be sick again. She has tested negative for Covid twice now, so we don't think that is causing it, and she has had little food and no alcohol at all today, so we can't pin down the cause. I have given her some anti-emetic tablets I was given when I had chemotherapy, so we are hopeful they will kick in and she will get a peaceful night. More updates tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome - please add your thoughts!