Sunday 8 August 2021

The hospital sends two letters

 I have fitted a security camera overlooking the back gate of our home. It was working well, but needed a memory card to keep a record of visitors - wanted or otherwise. The card came this week, so today I climbed the ladder to place the tiny micro SD card. It didn't work at first, so I jiggled it about to make sure the connection was sound when suddenly it popped out propelled by the little spring that clips it in place. It flew high in the air, straight into my eye before dropping to the floor somewhere near the dustbin. 

Edwin testing the new security camera

Once my vision had returned and the pain subsided, I climbed down and with Ann's help found the card on the floor. Edwin and Andre were coming over anyway, so I waited for them to arrive and asked Andre to fix it for me - he's a computer guru, so it is always wise to use an expert when one is available. Needless to say, he fixed it up and Edwin went through the gate to test its recording ability. It worked remarkably well: we could all follow Edwin as he tried to sneak past on hands and knees, a towel over his head. We could hear the gate click as he fumbled the latch, and saw his back crawl through until, on the other side, he suddenly sprang up and pulled the towel from his head. The phone app bleeped and flashed up a warning: "human detected!". It is a great piece of kit.

Yesterday afternoon, two letters arrived from the hospital. The first told me to attend on Monday afternoon to see the respiratory medicine consultant to discuss the result of my needle biopsy. It's like being told on Friday to report to the headmaster's study on Monday - giving you the whole weekend to worry about what trouble you'll be in. The second letter was even more ominous. I've been booked for an MRI  brain scan on Friday. I can only assume this means they think I have a carcinoma of the lung and are looking for brain secondaries. Tomorrow I will find out one way or another what they want to do with me.

In King's Lynn with Arwen and family

Today we went to King's Lynn to visit Matthew and Rosie and baby Arwen, possibly for the last time as they hope to move back to Middlesbrough next month. Arwen is nearly a year old now, and has grown enormously from the tiny prem baby we had seen a few months back. She is standing well and seems ready to walk already, and is vocalising well. Wonderful to see her growing and developing so well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome - please add your thoughts!