Friday 20 May 2022

Celebrating a remission

The consultant oncologist phoned this week to check on my progress, and to confirm that my scan showed no new opacities, and the blood tests indicated that the renal failure and anaemia were stable. I am in a period of remission, and must enjoy the health I have. She is increasing the time to the next scan to four months, as a measure of confidence. To celebrate, we went to a restaurant in Long Melford, previously a smart affair with Cordon Bleu service and cuisine. Unfortunately, the chef's reputation led him to move on, and their new chef is Cordon Noir. It was a mediocre menu but with their original pricing, so I ended up with expensive fish-and-chips, and Ann had one of their limited vegetarian dishes that was too spicy for her to finish. We will stick to take-away Indian next time.

Yesterday, we continued the great clothes hunt for some summer tops for Ann by visiting Freeport Outlet Centre. The place has many big-name brands such as Ralph Lauren, Adidas, Armani etc. Ann managed to find some long-sleeved T-shirts for me so I can keep my spotty arms covered without having to wear heavy jerseys, but nothing for herself. Being outlet shops, she thought they must just be selling off their winter things, while keeping summer wear in their main shops. So it's back to Amazon shopping. 

On a personal note, Ben and Kaz are coming to stay over tomorrow, and Lucy was due to visit next month. Unfortunately, she ran into a deer and badly damaged her car (not to mention the deer), so now her visit is uncertain. We have not been up to the journey north since before my operation in October last year, but I think we may have to make the effort to see everyone there before much longer.

Black headed gull at Maldon




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome - please add your thoughts!