Friday 11 March 2022

Spring is in the air

The first leaves of spring
Touches of spring are around us. The hedgerows are brightening with blossom and the willow, among the first, is cloaked in fine green budding leaves. The garden birds are nesting and Ann even glimpsed an early swallow above the trees. 

Edwin has taken Andre on an away for a surprise weekend in Berlin. He only found out the destination in the boarding queue at Heathrow.

For Herr Putin, the season brings his Spring Offensive. A full blitzkrieg against the defenceless women, children, invalids and  the aged in the cities of Ukraine. 

Yesterday I had a phone call from the offices of IKEA responding to my letter to them. I had recommended they consider the old Debenhams store to bring IKEA into East Anglia. The lady was very courteous and thanked me for my great interest but apologised that they would be unable to ease my evident love for their stores. They need a bigger population than East Anglia can provide and won’t be opening any new stores this year having just dropped plans for one in Sussex. She said I would just have to continue my love of IKEA shopping by travelling to one of their big southern stores. Little does she know me - I haven't been to an IKEA for nearly twenty years, but thought the boys might like a local one now they live in Bury St Edmunds. The grandchildren too enjoy taking Ann to IKEA once a year for a fun day out.

Yesterday, too, I had a call from one of the old companies I used to work for asking if I was available for urgent cover work, as their physician was leaving at short notice. I am available, but they have also placed an advert and requested the help of an agency, so they have a few CVs to consider. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome - please add your thoughts!